Monday 28 May 2007

Those pesky fire alarms

Argh does any one else have those fire alarms that tend to go off at a drop of a hat. Today the alarms went off twice and both times there was no smoke in the air. What is going on? To makes matters worse when one decides to go crazy the others kick in, and there are 5 in the house, one in everybody’s room. I know that fire alarms are necessary and save lives and are one of the best things invented, but after all these false alarms what are we going to do when there is a real fire? Just sit in our room and hope the alarm stops when fire and smoke fill the house, then we get burnt to death. I know this sounds like a morbid post and I sound cynical about these but after awhile of these loud ear-piercing alarms screaming just above your ear it does get tiring. What was ironic was that we had security come round last night to check if our alarms were functioning and I think its been proven over the last couple of days as they have been going off at the drop of a hat. So in came security and set them off and we had to listen to the chilling sound once again for no smoke again. Even though I have ranted about these pesky fire alarms I am grateful we have them because our stove and oven is gas tops and I know how easily fires can start because I have put my spaghetti on fire as it has dipped into the burning flame. Wait don’t all flames burn? Yeah so my spaghetti was on fire and the fire alarms went off, so they did there job. And by the way in case your wondering, no I did not burn the house down I doused in just in time.

No comments: