Wednesday 2 May 2007

The year so far

As the assessment is coming up I thought I might write about past term. When we first received our subject outline I thought the subject would be tiresome and I wouldn’t really enjoy it. Now my opinions have changed.

I have created a blog before for a tv class a couple of years ago. I thought I knew most things about blogger, but I have learnt how little I did know. Previously I hadn’t even touch the ‘customize’ button and played with the format and settings. I generally just typed my blog and posted it. One of the things I’m really glad I learnt was the html and the links to another page. Previously I would have just done the standard URL address but now I know the code to create the specific link and I’m lovin’ it. One of the hardest part for me was writing the actual blog, well writing something worthwhile and interesting. I tended to write about whatever happened to me recently or what I have just seen and liked, such as Robin Hood, The departed and some YouTube videos. There was really no order to my post just whatever pops into my head. Uploading a picture to my post made the blogs more interesting I felt and gave them character. It also allows other to get a visual understanding of my blog, for a picture tells a thousand words. I have also signed up for Technorati and placed a counter at the bottom of my page so I am able to view how many people have visited my blog. I have found creating a blog enjoyable and now I am pleased to have a greater understanding of blogger.

Delicious was one difficult for me in terms of posting interesting bookmarks. I usually only use about 5 or so websites, mainly Sydney Morning Herald and mycsu. I joined the network with the people in the workshop class and tried to save bookmarks that I liked and others might enjoy. Tagging the bookmarks where easier than I expected and I like having my computer ordered so bundling tags was ideal for me. I posted my flickr and blogger bookmark on delicious so others could have easy access to my site. Delicious was handy on a personal note so I could save all my favourites and it was just a click away to going to their site.

Flickr was the final stage in our assessment, all I had to do was upload pictures to the net. Simply. Well it wasn’t as easy as I thought. I realised that I don’t really have interesting photos to upload, my photos usually contain me and my friends nights out. I suppose there not that interesting to others but my friends. I have uploaded three groups: friends, swans and altered pictures. Flickr allowed me to comment on other people photos and I liked looking through there photos. Heaps more interesting than mine, such as bands and concerts. I wish I went to concerts then I could upload them I didn’t want to rip them off the net, so I was left with just pictures of me.

So that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing in MPI104 this year. I have to say I have enjoyed doing this just for the fact that I have leant some basic techniques of creating a web page. Hooray.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job girl!! HDs for you! ( hint hint )