Monday 23 April 2007

Holidays?

When I was a school kid holidays used to be the best thing ever - no school. life was pretty good you got to lie around the house, sleep in, watch television all day and night, go shopping, go to the movies, really the list goes on. holidays were a time to enjoy. Why did this change? These days holidays don’t exist they are simply are break from doing one thing to move to do something else. Take uni holidays for example, I leaves with 2 assignments to do over the holidays, one due first day back, on top of that I have a job to go back to so I can actually eat the next term, and it’s good to see some friends that I haven’t seen for a good 2 months. With working, study and a social life it’s hard to find time to sleep in, watch tv from morning to night, lie on the couch with no worries. However there is always an upside to these ‘holidays’ I do see my friends and family, one assignment down not many left and I do have money (which is really helpful). So yes my holidays are busy and gone are the days of relaxing but I suppose I wouldn’t change a thing.

Sandy

No comments: